Its ‘Pie Week’ on The Great British Bake Off!
But this week we have decided to be a bit lazy and not make a pie itself (the vision of pastry disasters came to mind) and to include the pie in our dessert in a different style….Apple Pie ice cream!
So here we go ladies and gentlemen – baked spiced apples with apple pie ice cream….All the flavours of apple pie, with a lot less hassle!
Our Callestick Farm Apple Pie ice cream is strewn with Bramley apple pieces, and has all the flavour of short crust pastry and cinnamon – exactly what you expect from a pie.
To bake your apples:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/ Gas mark 4
- Core the apples.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar or syrup, spices and raisins (if you wish to include them)
- Stuff the mixture into the holes in the apples.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes, checking occasionally
You can change the flavours of the apple depending on your taste. This could be lemon or orange zest, almonds, raisins or bay leaves and cloves work well!
Finally serve with your ice cream (we believe Apple Pie definitely works best) and enjoy!
There’s only so much you can do to make a baked apple look pretty, so here’s our best attempt!