With the Great British Bake Off keeping us all fixed to our tv screens, we decided to get in the spirit and do a little bit of baking ourselves – but what to do for bread week?
Ice cream bread of course!
We had never tried this before, however it went down a treat (with a bit of extra ice cream on the side!). Even though it is technically bread, it tasted like a heavy cake mixture.
If you’re going to make this at home, we suggest adding extra flavour and possibly some cheeky chocolate chips!
To make the ice cream bread you will need…
- 2 cups of ice cream (whichever flavour you would like your bread)
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- Chocolate chips, nuts, etc (anything you wish to add)
- Mix the ice cream until soft and easy to work with.
- Add the self raising flour, a little at a time, until completely mixed together.
- Pour into a greased bread tin (we used a 9 x 3 inch tin)
- Place in a pre-heated oven (350 degree F/Gas Mark 4) and bake for 40-45 minutes, checking occasionally.
- To check that the bread is fully cooked, pierce will a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
We served ours with a generous serving of Clotted Cream Vanilla ice cream, just to make it extra indulgent!